Nowadays, people are keen on being connected with anyone, anytime, anywhere. Hence, the need for online apps for video, chat, text, or voice connection. There are many apps with different features – some are better to connect with family and friends, some are more suitable for business relations and meetings. Such an app is Skype, but there’s definitely plenty of fish in the sea so check out the alternatives.
- WhatsApp – a free app you can use without even registering as it links with your mobile phone number. You can talk to up to 4 people at the same time and share videos, photos, and attachments.
- Viber is another free app for video calls or voice messages. It is also used for group chats, and it connects everyone to you only with their phone numbers.
- Talky – You can use this web app to chat with up to 15 people at one time. You can share your screen with others and this makes this app suitable to communicate with your family but with your colleagues as well.
- ooVoo – With this app, you can have a video chat with 12 people at the same time. The different thing with this one is that you may call someone that doesn’t even use ooVoo. You can also place emojis and GIFs on the screen while talking and showing your face picture.
- WeChat – this app has a Web, desktop, and mobile version used for chats, video calls, texts, etc. The exciting part is that it can replace your SMS and phone apps and increase your capability to meet people with the feature ‘’People Nearby’’.
- Slack – this app is one of the best for business communication. You can share files and organize tasks between your colleagues and even conduct meetings.
- Jitsi – with this app, you can learn how to track if someone is trying to trace you. You can also work on shared word documents with your colleagues, protect your chats or video calls, and share your screen.
- Appear.in – this is an excellent browser tool for business use as you can share your screen and collaborate with up to 12 people. You can share presentations and files with people without downloading any app. Simply create a room name and send the generated link to the people you will connect.
- Wire – if you want to collaborate with people and share files with them without worrying about your content been disclosed, then this app is the right one for you because it processes data only in an encrypted format.
- Microsoft Teams is probably the best alternative of Skype for Business due to all the additional features that it has. You can change the way you work by using this app due to the availability for personal and group chats and video calls, scheduling meetings, automatically saving your files, all people in the team have the option to view and amend the data. You may also link your Outlook with Teams, so you got notifications when someone messaged you or when you have a meeting coming up.
It is a great opportunity to have a variety of ways to communicate with people efficiently and entertainingly and to say one thing to more than one person at the same time.